Monday, February 28, 2011

Teaching yourself Quilting

Inspired from Stitches & Craft Show 2009 where I bought a kit from the lovely ladies at Prints Charming I decided to make my own quilt - no pattern. How hard could it be??

So after my purchase of fabric from Kelani Fabrics... love love love this store

Darla Ditzy; Doozie Blue; Jap Flowers; Dooxie White

I cut out my squares... actually not completely square more rectangle, then laid them all out and decided on my pattern. I tried to work out how much fabric I would need
But I miss calculated
Here is my quilt as it is now


Any ideas of how I could make it bigger without taking away from my original pattern?
I was thinking of adding a white boarder then maybe another row of the same squares maybe in a different colour but similar design. Green?

Comments welcome. Would love to have this ready to put into our new house once all our decorating is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment