Monday, November 19, 2012

The Dress

Here is an update on how the Baptism dress went, after following CINO Charlotte dress tutorial here I decided that it would look lovely as a simply Baptism dress.

So I went to Tessuti's and found some beautiful silk on the remnant table and very soft cotton also on the rememant table.
This dress took me longer than the previous dress probably because silk is so much harder to deal with.
Although I followed the pattern from CINO dress I did make slight changes. I changed the pattern slightly to fit my bub.


I lined the bodice with the silk and also used some iron on interfacing to give the silk some body. I also inserted some piping which I think really makes it look perfect.


I also altered the sleeves by putting in a pleat rather than gather.

The dress is lined with italian white cotton which is so lovely and soft, it gave the skirt some body. the skirt botton and sleeves are finished with some bias tape also from Tessuti's. Overall I am so happy with it.

Everyone thought it looked beautiful, her flower headpiece was purchased from etsy here when she was a newborn the so elastic had to be replaced for her bigger head. I just got out the hot glue gun and glued it on a new piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment